*** FYI ***

This blog will be closing soon...please come join me over at my new home-away-from-home over at http://www.binaspad.net!!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

...a moment...

Lent, Day 33

Sometimes, when I am almost to my pre-determined destination...I stop.   


...bina...
(or, rather, what I would look like at this age)
As if drawn by an invisible force, I slow down...
going from a sprint
to a jog
to a walk
to nothing.
Just standing...
staring...
suddenly contemplating what is needed to finish the last leg of a race that had, up to that point, been run with such non-thought out enthusiasm.

Today it hit me.

Only 7 more days (well six actually, but I want to make my final post on the first day after Lent is over) but only a week more before this season is over. In some ways, it seems like forever since I began...but in others, it seems like it has always been this way.  Me, Him and a daily plan that doesn't include knowing what everyone and their mother is up to...and them not knowing about me either.

I do admit that there is such freedom in being UN-social media-lized. Being able to rely on the fact that it is restricted from my day-to-day activities is beyond a blessing, as I am out of the madness that comes when addicted to something.

So I stand here, at a resting point as I gather up the energy needed to move forward...to face the last stretch that leads me up and out of this fasting season and back into "normal life"...

...and I wonder if anything will ever be this sweet again.

For more information about this celebration of Lent on the pad
and why there are no comments allowed,
click here to read the first post Lent, Day 0.

Looking up as always...
...bina...
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails