*** FYI ***

This blog will be closing soon...please come join me over at my new home-away-from-home over at http://www.binaspad.net!!

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Found: Conviction

Bible Study.

It really has no equal, in my humble opinion.

It can uplift and encourage me even as it tears down walls, demolishes pride, steals false thinking and defeats dark shadows.
Holy people are real.

Hypocrites pretend... to do things they don't.
to abstain from things they do.
to love things they hate.
to hate things they love.
to want things they dread.
to dread things they want.

I am real...but I also hide.  I am real...but I also lie.  I am real...but I also hurt.  I am real...but I am also afraid.  I am in quiet awe...while He is all that I am not

There was a place for a response in the book and I wrote down: "I can often get overwhelmed by all the places where I know I am lacking until I remember it isn't my job to be good...just to be His."

I am thankful for His love...that it can both conquer and console my realness...at all once. 

*Text taken from Seeking Him: Experience The Joy of Personal Revival by Nancy Leigh DeMoss & Tim Grissom
Listening to while looking up as always...

2 comments:

alicia said...

What a fantastic reminder! And what a relief to know that we don't have to be all that We feel we should be, but just to belong to Him is enough.
Thanks for sharing!

More Than Words said...

Amen!!!

Isn't Gods grace amazing???????

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails