*** FYI ***

This blog will be closing soon...please come join me over at my new home-away-from-home over at http://www.binaspad.net!!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

...cross...

Lent, Day 37

Last night, a few of us gathered at our church to prepare for the musical portion of our Good Friday service. I entered thru the doors as my normal self...smiling, laughing and ready to practice.  Nothing unusual or all that exciting...until one of the gals pointed to the corner of the large room and I saw them standing there.

The reminder of why this special practice was happening.  The symbol of why Good Friday is remembered.  The purpose of this celebration here on my blog...the one thing I had forgotten in the chaos of my own emotions and walk with God.  I had forgotten...looked away...misplaced my reason for even doing what I am doing over this past (almost) 40 days.  

As my eyes stopped to behold the trio standing, tall and massive in the corner of the room...my heart skipped a beat as it remembered...as it focused once again...as it bent itself in worship. 

And as we sang, the lyrics stayed in my head...playing out even now...
"May I never lose the wonder, the wonder of the cross. 
May I see it as the first time, standing as a sinner, lost. 
Undone by mercy and left speechless, watching wide-eyed at the cost.
May I never lose the wonder, the wonder of the cross."


For more information about this celebration of Lent on the pad
and why there are no comments allowed,
click here to read the first post Lent, Day 0.
Looking up as always...
...bina...
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails