*** FYI ***

This blog will be closing soon...please come join me over at my new home-away-from-home over at http://www.binaspad.net!!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

...sweetest song...

Lent, Day 18

It began as a simple chirp.

I was out on my daily walk, enjoying the blue skies of SouCali, asking God to help me be more aware...

more awake in my daily life so that I would be able to notice the world that lives around me. I was still speaking when the simple cry began and I lifted my eyes up to the treetops to find the source.

But before I could even figure out which tree housed the calling bird, I realized that while the sounds were melodic in nature...they seemed to be desperate and afraid, as the tone grew louder and louder.

As my eyes finally focused in on the branch that held the screamer, I saw wings that flapped up and down, over and over, as if the bird in question had a balancing problem. I wondered if he was injured or sick...until I saw, from down below, another bird swoop up high and watched the seemingly off-balanced wonder fly away.

That's when it hit me...as the black crow made its way from the heights of the tree to the roof of a neighboring house, I realized that the cries I heard were coming from a nest, buried within the limbs of that tree. What I first mistook as a sweet melody was actually the screams of a child for the protection of its mother against the invasion of the dark predator.

As I continued on my way, my ears stayed tuned in to the fierce chirp of the mother, now returned to her rightful place...and I actually found myself a bit choked up as a smaller reply echoed out. The voice, once screaming in agony and fear, now whispered out to join the strength of its protector as she stood guard over the nest...a song of safety and, by far, the sweetest song I have heard in a long time.

"I waited patiently for the Lord;
He inclined to me and heard my cry.
He put a new song in my mouth,
a song of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear,
and will put their trust in God."
Psalm 40:1, 3

For more information about this celebration of Lent on the pad
and why there are no comments allowed,
click here to read the first post Lent, Day 0

Looking up as always...
...bina...
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails