*** FYI ***

This blog will be closing soon...please come join me over at my new home-away-from-home over at http://www.binaspad.net!!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The View From The Top

Sometimes...

...there are moments when God allows me a moment to look back over the path that I have been on...

...the one that I have muddied with my tears...

...the one that I have stained with my heart's blood...

...the one that I have complained about at every turn...

...the one that I have doubted at every twist...

...the one that I have even dared to hate...

...sometimes He stops moving and puts His arm around my shoulders as He covers my eyes. 

He turns me around and tells me to simply breathe as He pulls His hand back...

and as my eyes survey the vast plate of nature's valley before me,

I realize His command to breathe was literal because my lungs freeze at the sheer beauty of the path I didn't want to take...



How can my soul NOT bow down in humbled praise to the Maker of a path such as this??

**photo used from Vinography's website.

Listening to Tenth Avenue North's Love Is Here while looking backwards, for just this moment...

7 comments:

alicia said...

Growth IS in the valley my friend. Beautiful words today, love the picture also.

Anonymous said...

His will and His path are always best! :O)

Anonymous said...

Your writing always moves me! I relate to every single word on this post!

BTW, I read your comment over at you-know-where and it was excellent - not the situation but how you expressed yourself. I have told you before but I am telling you again. You are gifted!

Karen said...

Yes, sometimes the Lord does cover our eyes, so we can appreciate the view all the more when they are opened. Good word dear one. Beautiful picture!

steph said...

Praying that He continues to reveal what beauty He has for you beyond what our eyes will ever see. love you!

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Beautiful. To really appreciate all He has given us is to discover the greatest of peace and joy, I think!

BizzieLizzie said...

WOW - what an inspiration to read. I'm delighted to have found your blog! The Good Lord knew I needed this read today!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails