*** FYI ***

This blog will be closing soon...please come join me over at my new home-away-from-home over at http://www.binaspad.net!!

Monday, January 4, 2010

Sweet By And By: Book Review


Title: The Sweet By and By
Author: Sara Evans
ISBN: 1595544895
Pages: 272

Ok, so I will openly admit that this is not a book that I would naturally gravitate towards as I am not so much into the overtly girly-girl looking covers BUT I can say that when I got this copy from Thomas Nelson, I found that I was pleasently surprised with what I found.  The characters were likeable and the story was one that I could follow easily and I found that it was an over-all good bathtub read.  I could have been a great picture of the main character, Jade, as she dealt with her past...both from within her own heart & mind and from the dynamics within her family...and it painted a great picture of how God works.

Cover Information:
Jade Fitzgerald left the pain of her past in the dust when she headed out for college a decade ago. Now she's thriving in her career and glowing in the light of Max Benson's love.

But then Jade's hippie mother, Beryl Hill, arrives in Whisper Hollow, Tennessee, for Jade's wedding along with Willow, her wild younger sister. Their arrival forces Jade to throw open the dark closets of her past--the insecurity of living with a restless, wandering mother, the silence of her absent father, and the heart-ripping pain of first-love's rejection.

Turns out Beryl has a secret of her own. She needs reconciliation with her oldest daughter before illness takes her life. In the final days leading to the wedding, Jade meets the One who shows her that the past has no hold on her future. With a little grace, they'll meet in the middle, maybe even before that sweet by and by.

I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good read for their bath-time! :)

I review for BookSneeze


**Thomas Nelson provided me this book for a book review and is allowing me to keep this title once finished. I get nothing else in way of compensation...other than the chance to fill my heart and soul with an excellent read. :) **

Looking up as always...

3 comments:

Karen said...

Thanks for that review. It's nice knowing what books are out there and if they pique my interest.

Kristen Torres-Toro said...

It sounds really cool! Thanks for telling us about it!

Deborah Ann said...

I don't know why, but I'm having great difficulty reading books of late. Need to get on it...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails