*** FYI ***

This blog will be closing soon...please come join me over at my new home-away-from-home over at http://www.binaspad.net!!

Friday, December 4, 2009

12 Days of Christmas: Day 1

An author pal of mine, made thru this wonderful blessing called the Internet, posted a blog that made me stop and think...and as the grin spread across my face, I decided to jump on the bandwagon and have some fun.  The idea is to take the "12 Days of Christmas" to a new level...to use it to inspire and draw attention to 12 other bloggers, as a simple gift of praise for who they are.  Want to know more about all this? Pop on over to High Calling Blogs by clicking on this button:

Christmas Badge

For my first introduction, I would like to introduce you to my friend, the one who posted the original blog about this ~ L. L. Barkat. 
Her blog is: Seedlings In Stone
Her published books are: Stone Crossings and InsideOut

This is a friend that I have never once set eyes on her, in picture or in real life...but one that I would know by her spirit and her heart anywhere.

I came across her by "accident" as I blog jumped from someone else's place into her world...and when I did, I felt at home, comfy and warm, basking in the glow of a soft fire laid out in her words. She is a lover of God, of nature and of the spoken word and this sweet lady has an amazing gift for expression ~ her thoughts lay out like a portrait painted before your eyes and when you take it all in, you find a piece of her heart. 

I am always inspired by her work because of amazing knack for using short, simple phrases to describe heavy, heart-felt emotions.  I would be 100% honest with you when I say that every time I read one of her works, I come alive with a deep desire to write...paint the world with my words...and I always pray that people are as touched as I am when I leave her "place". 

Always an encouragement and a joy to me, I hope you find a moment to pop on over to her place...pull yourself up before the warmth that her word pictures create and feel free stay awhile, as I know she would welcome you in with a big smile and a hearty "Hello". 

One of my faves of hers can be found here: Trees Are Blushing "No"

Until tomorrow's entry, I'm looking up as always...

4 comments:

L.L. Barkat said...

Bina, this touches deeply. Maybe someday we will meet. Who knows? And what a joy that would be.

Feel free, btw, to come and drop your links at HCB. I've put two there already, and I hope it will be a gathering place. I'm so interested in seeing what people do with this! :)

Tamika: said...

I love this idea! What a wonderful way to exhort one another in love!

Heading over to meet this wonderful lady. Thanks Bina- keep looking up.

Kristen Torres-Toro said...

I shall have to check her out. Thanks, Bina!

Jennifer said...

I love her site--true lover of God and nature, indeed. Neat idea (even if you swiped it!). :-)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails