*** FYI ***

This blog will be closing soon...please come join me over at my new home-away-from-home over at http://www.binaspad.net!!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Grace Gifts, Weeks 7 & 8

So much has been going on in my life...and most of it has been the drama playing out within my heart and my mind.  I am sure you can relate...the 'what ifs' that try to hold you back ~ the voices that scream out all that you already believe to be true even when they aren't ~ the weight that threatens to pull you down and under the waves that seems to crash no matter where you look.

*sigh*  It is tiring running from myself...and in doing so, I neglected to be thankful last week. 

I wish I could excuse it all away by listing all the reasons why, but the truth is I didn't want to do it.  I wanted to hole up and feel sorry for myself...and so I did.  Not my proudest moment, but is just the truth of who I am.  I am the type of person who tries to hide when it all comes crashing in...and sometimes, I succeed and that is...well, it is me...plain and simple

But...I am back.  I am coming out of a week where I have tried to outrun my thoughts and failed, only to find that my God is still the great God He always has been...despite my forgetful and often control-oriented heart. Praise HIM! :)

In my "middle-of-the-week-of-this-crazed-hyperactivity-that-is-my-life" tradition, I lay out the things that I see each day that I know are gifts from God...soft, sweet kisses to my cheeks. If you want more info on what this is, where I got the idea from or why I am doing it, you should start with my first post on Grace Gifts here.

I liked the format I used last week, of listing and counting at the end, so am going to do that again.

And away I go:

Real Housewives of Atlanta
....no, not because of the drama                                                   
but because of the laughter that                  "I don't feel so good" snuggles
comes in the texts from Iowa
about the drama

Church
Worship

walking

Laughter
Paco's Tacos

Picture Mail                                                                       Necklaces
                                                                                        

Email from you guys...
FaceBook's reunions
...with people from years past

Yellow Daisies                                                        Predicted Rain
...that grow by my front door

Halloween Fun

Christmas Lists
...full of dreams
Online Contests
....and then winning one!
My husband's soft words of love

The sound of the dog's snore

Love notes from two great Uncles
...I love them both so....

Unexpected Money
...to make a trip to see family possible

"S'Mom"                                           "Momma"

Texas, Iowa, New York LOVE

Music

Kids making dinner two nights in a row...just because

New Readers...

And, of course, God and His willingess to:
~ pour down 2 days worth of kisses, even as I sulked
~ love me so much that it makes my heart hurt
~ favor me with kindness, fully not deserved
~ notice me
~ hear me
~ really know me
He just IS
& it blows my mind!

And there they are....my Grace Gifts....89 thru 122


They are simple...some make me laugh and some make me take a deep breath...but all are lovely and pure...all are excellent and true...all are real. They are the blessings that make up my life...they are my the physical showing of grace from God's hand....and they cause my cup to run over!

What are yours?

Listening to reflective silence while looking up as always...

3 comments:

alicia said...

Oh thank you for bringing back your grace gifts! I missed it so much last week! I get where you are coming from tho, and once in awhile we need to go down deep in dark places because sometimes that is the only way we can look up and SEE the Light! And don't you worry, I think the OC housewives will spark a few cross country texts! ;)
Blessings, love, hugs, and kisses to you my friend! ;)

Anonymous said...

I had the same kind of week. I want to hole up, but moped around instead!

I love that your kids cook dinner twice. I can't wait till my kids are older!

strokeofliving said...

I've visited The Holy Experience a few times now and love the feeling of peace and serenity, like having a cup of Camomille tea. Thanks for sharing that blog.

Reading your blog always makes me smile regardless of what your mood when your wrote it.

I'll stop there because I have a tendency to rant. Big hug to you today my dear!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails