*** FYI ***

This blog will be closing soon...please come join me over at my new home-away-from-home over at http://www.binaspad.net!!

Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Celebration Of Slowing

Somewhere along the way of my blog-hopping habit, I came across the blog of L.L. Barkat and I just found myself enthralled by her verbal paintings.  I have since learned to love her heart and appreciate her kind words that she sends my way.

This post is in response to a poetry prompt that I found on her blog today...one that I just HAD to be a part of.  The details for this prompt can be found below my own response to this promt....


A Celebration of Slowing
My heart can't help but long
for the gust of the fall breeze
as it pumps within me with a yearning to
be as delicately focused and as forcefully free.

Such an amazing force that blows
with the simple ease of beautiful invisibility
reminds me of just how incredibly aimless
my own purposed trompings in life can be.

"be still and know"
has been the whispered echo to my  overwhelmed heart
as the One who sits on heaven's throne
longs for my rest and for today's peace-filled restart.

My eyes drop close as the breath of nature
floats down to caress my fair, freckled skin...
My heart skips a beat as I fight to let it go ~
as I attempt to bow my heart in worship once again.

For just a simple moment,
I am still...
I am quiet...
I am purposely willed...

I am resolved...
focused once again.
For just a moment,
I am fully His.

My word list was: free (because slowing to me is freedom from the crazed thoughts that flow within), still, quiet, focused and His (as for me to be slowed down means that I am where He is calling me to be). 

Want to make a list and then try your hand at it too?  I wish you would...even if you don't make tonight's deadline!!  Would love to read it! :)

Poetry prompt: We’ve been celebrating ’slowing’ over at High Calling Blogs. Make a “word pool” of at least five slow words. Yeah, I guess molasses counts. But verbs are good too. Create a poem using a minimum of one of your slow words, but feel free to use the whole pool. Post your poem by Thursday, October 22, for links and possible feature. Drop your post link in LL’s comment box so she doesn’t miss it.


Listening to the breeze while looking up as always...

13 comments:

L.L. Barkat said...

You are too sweet. :)

This line was a particular favorite...

"delicately focused and as forcefully free"

Something about the sounds and the tensions/contrasts.

So glad to have you participating!

Catherine Anne said...

LOved this!

Anonymous said...

Oh how beautiful! You are an amazing writer!!! And the picture you chose for it is perfect!

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

It has been good to consider how we might slow, how we might be STILL.

Such a joy to walk with you in this slower pace. You warm my heart -- both here and with your comments over at my place.

So glad to know you ...

Bina said...

L.L. ~ Thank you...for the prompt and your kind words to me. (That was my favorite line as well...)

Catherine Anne ~ Thank you so much!

Faith Imagined ~ I liked that pic too...amazing what you can find out there on the net. I appreciate your kind words. :)

Jennifer ~ Being still is my hardest struggle, hence this poem... I am glad to know you as well as you never fail to inspire my heart. :)

Such beautiful words from you all...my heart overfloweth...
Bina

alicia said...

I really am in awe of your writing talent my friend. I love how you are able to allow your vulnerability to come forth in your words. I am going to re-read and re-read so that I can even catch it all.
Love to you!

Bina said...

My Alicia...I love you back! :)

Eileen Astels Watson said...

This is beautiful, Bina!

And I love the picture, it goes so well with the peacefulness of the poem.

Unknown said...

>>My eyes drop close as the breath of nature<<

one of my favorite passtimes. Stilling to the breath of nature. This collection of poems is just music to my soul.

Glynn said...

"For just a moment/I am fully His." The slowness funnels down into that one statement. Perfect.

Ann Kroeker/Not So Fast said...

"For just a simple moment,
I am still...
I am quiet...
I am purposely willed...

I am resolved...
focused once again.
For just a moment,
I am fully His."

This is the way to slow.

This is the *reason* to slow.

To focus...to be fully His.

What a wonderful and personal journey you've shared.

May you have a simple, slow weekend...still, quiet, purposely willed.

Kelly said...

I don't read your blog as often as I'd like. But, every time I find myself here, I read something even better than the last thing I read. You are an incredible writer. You really do have a gift....still waiting on that book. :) So glad I can't see you glaring at me right now. :)

Sarah said...

"Such an amazing force that blows
with the simple ease of beautiful invisibility"

Your writing is lovely, Bina, and I suspect that you are, too.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails