*** FYI ***

This blog will be closing soon...please come join me over at my new home-away-from-home over at http://www.binaspad.net!!

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Going up??

I know...it has been awhile but I assure you that I am still alive and kicking. In the time that I have been gone, I have pre-ordered the newest of Ted Dekker's books (still have to wait another month for this one...), discovered a new author by the name of Travis Thrasher (noooo, I haven't gone "dekker" crazy on him yet...only have one book...so far!!!) and am down a few kids on and off over the summer.

As for me and God...it really is funny how He works. He keeps my attention in small but very significant ways!
Take the dumb, little things like a new journal given by a friend.
Yes, you're totally right.
In the grand scheme of the world, THIS sounds really stupid!
BUT....did you know that I am journal-aholic that had to ban herself from buying any new ones out of the insane thought process that a new, blank book will make her journaling more profound (think "Confessions of a Shopoholic"... yes, freaky, I know)?? So when an unsuspecting friend swings by my house with the cutest book imaginable JUST because she "was just thinking of me"...well, it just shows me that He is more than just a God of needs! Sometimes the wants make His to-do list too!!
Then there are the intense new books that pull at my sometimes dormant desire to express myself in writing.
Then there is that still small voice of His that refuses to be silenced no matter how loud the other screams in my head are...
Really, I could go on and on but I think I have rambled enough to show my point: I love Him!!

I am spending my summer learning so much more about who He is and who I am in Him. My husband leaves in less than a month for a 2 week missions trip...and I have found that even though HE is the one leaving, I have a lot to work on in being able to let him go. It isn't easy to bow to God's control and will in our lives!!

Lately, I have found a repeated focus on the power of the tongue...and how, when not under control, how easy it is to hurt others with a simple word. These verses keep getting used on me...

"If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless." James 1:26

"Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell. With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness." James 3:5-6,9

"Whoever would love life and see good days must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from deceitful speech." 1 Peter 3:10

Yes...it is as hard and as painful as it sounds, believe you me!! This mountain keeps looking higher and higher...BUT I know that the benefit of those around me is worth the hard work put into the climb and I look forward to the view from the top!

Looking up as always...
~Bina~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like it!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails