*** FYI ***

This blog will be closing soon...please come join me over at my new home-away-from-home over at http://www.binaspad.net!!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sleepwalking...

I have spent the last few weeks drifting thru the motions of my life. Doing the laundry (kind of), keeping things picked up (in a way) and getting things done (mostly). I find it funny how often I can get pulled into the vacuum of the bottomless pit of hopeless responsibility.
Don't get me wrong because I honestly love the life that I live...I feel so abundantly blessed in every aspect of my family, friends and all the obligations that go with having them on this journey thru life with me. But sometimes I can just get into the rut of scraping by so I can make it to tomorrow... just to start all over again.
Yesterday, I heard a soft voice whisper to my heart and I actually had to take a moment to allow myself to really feel it. I really don't doubt God's presence with me at all times, but I find that the lack of hope in my view of life can act as plugs to the ears of my heart. I never realize how long it has been since I heard Him until it echos thru my heart once again. Just the sweet call of my name in the midst of chaos was enough for me to realize that once again, I had lost glimpse of hope.
As I sit here now, having just finished my Bible study, I find myself drawn to the feet of the One who knows me best and loves me most. And as I sit with Him and listen to His words for me, I find that my lesson for today is: The act of just living each day just to get to tomorrow can be more draining than facing the hope that God lays out for me each day.
Bebo Norman is one of my favorite singers...and thru the miracle of YouTube, I can post it here and share one my favorite "Be still and know that I am God" songs.
If you are reading this post and you feel that you can relate and you need a moment to reconnect with the One who knows and loves YOU best, click below and let Bebo's voice and words help lift you back to the feet of our Maker.
And if you are reading this and have no idea what all this means, but would like to, please...let me know and I will do my best to help to show you.



**"Be still and know that I am God" is taken from Psalm 46:10 in the NIV Bible**


Looking up as always...
Bina

No comments:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails