*** FYI ***

This blog will be closing soon...please come join me over at my new home-away-from-home over at http://www.binaspad.net!!

Monday, October 12, 2009

Home

I wasn't all the way out of his welcoming embrace before the words "Poor boy...he is in bed really not doing so good" were out of my husband's mouth.  Fever, throwing up, his sweet flushed face covered in sweat, our son whispered "Hi, Mommy"...ah ~ welcome home!

He is tucked in to our bed even now, poor thing, as his body heals from a long night...but the reality of life so soon after the miracle of retreat struck my heart as I realized that the "moutaintop experiences" are simply that...experiences.  If they lasted forever, I would be in heaven :)

I am sure that I will reference back to the two days spent tucked away in California's nature...the time spent in praise...in worship...in prayer...in laughter...in tears...in His amazing presence...but for today, I give some visuals of this blessed escape.

~ The Dining Hall ~


~ The Cabins ~


~ A Path Not Often Taken ~


~ The Beauty ~


~ The Wildlife ~


It was a great time...and I praise God for the simplicity of His bountiful blessings that are found in nature and in a cabin bunk-bed.

Listening to news reports of upcoming rain (woo hoo!!) while looking up as always...

9 comments:

alicia said...

Oh, poor little guy, hope he feels better soon! It looks like you had a wonderful time on your retreat and may you be able to pull pieces from that weekend throughout your days ahead to help that experience linger a little longer.
Enjoy the rain my friend!

Bina said...

Thanks, my friend! I am still processing the information my heart brought home...but I am thankful that He loves me enough to bombard me with His words!

Hoping for snow for you while my heart longs for the smell of rain here...
Bina

Karen said...

Oh, I hope he feels better soon. The area for the retreat looks lovely. Thanks for sharing the pics. The wildlife, wild and crazy. :) Glad you had a good time.

Blessings

Bina said...

Thanks, Karen. It is absolutely beautiful where we were...and we were so blessed as that area was on fire just last Wednesday. We all prayed for God to turn the fires back...and He brought on the cold chill of Fall to do just that! *sigh* He's so cool!
:) Bina

Claremont First Ward said...

We are both also in SOuthern CA. So cool. I'm so glad you found me so that I could find you. :)

More Than Words said...

What a beautiful place!! My kids always enjoy themselves when they go to camp w/ the youth group at church. I'm glad you were all blessed, and I'll be praying for your son!!

Bina said...

Angie...can it get any better??? :) Thanks for stopping by ~ hope to "see you around" again soon.

Alicia...oh it is SO gorgeous! Of course, I am more of an in-door girl...as nature tends to not favor me very much. Thank you for your prayers...very much.

Hugs,
Bina

Kelly said...

I hope J. feels better soon! Poor guy! I love the picture of the wildlife! LOL.

Bina said...

He is doing better, although he always looks so frail after being sick :(
The wildlife...aaaaaaaaah, the wildlife. It was fun and I am glad I got to share the fun with you! :) Just keep the picture of MY wildness to yourself! ha ha

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails