*** FYI ***

This blog will be closing soon...please come join me over at my new home-away-from-home over at http://www.binaspad.net!!

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Demon - A Memoir: Review

I orginally heard about this book via Travis Thrasher's tweet. I wasn't sure what to think of the title so I did some research on it and thought it sounded very interesting...and Amazon.com is a great thing!

When I first began reading, I didn't have much time so I only got a couple of pages in. As one who needs to be grabbed by the first pages or I get bored, this one doesn't disappoint! By the time I got back to the book that night, I wound up a prune for the time spent in the tub with the first half of the story. Then I was a bit red-eyed the next morning as as I literally laid in bed till after 2am, as I just HAD to finish the second half.

From the first moment that Clay (a non-Christian book editor) meets Lucian (a very informative fallen angel), I found myself enthralled for two reasons:
Lucian's descriptions of creation, God's plan and love for humans were absolutely breath-taking. I had to sit and re-read a couple of sections in order to absorb it all!
AND
What is Clay's story? Why would a demon, who hates God's love for humans, take the time to talk to this man...what is going to happen to him?

Definately worth the money and the time it takes to read it (and I say that knowing that I read the whole book in a mere 12 hours...).

Here is the official info from the author's website:
One night changes everything.
Recently divorced and mired in a meaningless existence, Clay drifts from his drab apartment to his equally lusterless job as an editor for a small Boston press until the night Lucian finds him and everything changes with the simple words: I'm going to tell you my story and you are going to write it down and publish it.
What begins as a mystery soon spirals into chaotic obsession as Clay struggles to piece together Lucian's dark tale of love, ambition, and grace only to discover that the demon's story has become his own.
And then only one thing matters: learning how the story ends.


I also have blogged about this book from a personal perspective as God brought it into my life at just the right time...imagine that! :)

So until I finish another...

Looking Up As Always ~

No comments:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails